Saturday, August 11, 2012

Spinach Burgers

I made these the other day and they came out pretty good!!

Here is what you need to make these yummy burgers...

1 bag of thawed and well drained chopped spinach
2 egg whites
1 whole egg
1/4 c diced onion
1/2 c shredded cheese
1/2 c bread crumbs
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Mix well in a bowl like this:
I sprayed my frying pan with non-stick spray.. Fried them till they had a golden crust
To serve I made a nice side salad with mixed greens and light ranch dressing.. Added some sliced almonds and dried cranberries.. Also add a slice of french bread with some butter... I found that slightly sauteing some red onions with some garlic made a wonderful addition to these burgers.. Also try adding some sour cream to the side.. 
**The only thing I would change about this recipe is....
1/2 tsp Red Flakes 
1 tsp Garlic Powder

No comments:

Post a Comment